My feelings, they have grown dry,
Lookin' at myself, wondering why,
I have become such a man, a man who hates himself,
Old and dusty, like a book on an old bookshelf..
I feel so empty, and I feel so alone,
Wondering why, and when I'll ever get home,
And will I ever get there, do I deserve it?
I'm just a man, scared to face that I quit..
Just wandering towards happiness, and perhaps a little,
Bit of sanity, enough to figure out this riddle,
Where did I go wrong, what did I do?
And how did I come to hurt you so bad too..
I knew I had lost my mind, and I know I am not me,
But if only you, the world, and everyone else could see,
I'm trying hard, real hard, doing the best I can,
To step up, face my troubles, and become a man..
I've overcome obstacles, courses, but I've also fled,
I'm scared of running, I might die as I tread,
But to have you forgive me, will demand all of my heart,
Scared of finishing this life, with you so far apart..
Please take me back, come here, hold my hand,
I'm just a man, scared to climb up and stand,
I could be a mountain, but I'm not, heck what am I,
I'm scared, as mentioned before, even too scared to cry..
I try to shed tears, but none of them fall,
Standing by myself, against the house wall,
I keep hitting myself, hitting my head so hard,
But my other hand fights back, a part of me is still on guard..
Could I ever come back, would you ever look at me again,
If I saved you, if I made you smile, well maybe then..
But even then I'm scared to fail, scared to fall so far,
I don't know, honey, I love you, but I have an eternal scar..
I'm almost now, even too scared to move,
I don't even know what to say, or what I'm trying to prove,
Can I get you back? Would you want me, or not?
It's just like back then, when cupid shot..
But now everything is different, and it's not the same,
I'm sad and frightened to say, that I have only myself to blame,
So what do I do? Who do I ask for help, what do I do..
Please tell me, someone, anyone.. But can I even look at you?
I'm not myself right now, I have not been for long,
I have no faith, I feel no love, and I'm no longer strong..
If I'm not me, then who am I now,
If you see who I am, please just tell me now..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scared by Dan Lundahl )
(22 March 1941 -)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre
- Trapped Inside, Pamela Carroll
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon
- Winter Twilight Haiku, Chenou Liu
- The Season of His Birth, Frank Avon
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper
- Science Vs Spirituality, Tushar Ray
- Everlasting silence, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken