Lisa Ann Smallwood
just a little girl in her shorts
t-shirt and combat boots
she loved those boots..
running through the house
and out the back door
leaping off the porch
in a mad rush to her favorite place
she opens the gate
hair long curly and wild as she was
with a big huff sprawls out on the dirty ground
she takes a quick look
the mean one is not to be seen
here Momma Chicky.. come here
i got some lettuce grass for ya
hey there Miss Goldie
come on climb up in my lap
its safe he is behind the barn
I don't know how you chickens live with that mean old goose
a long goose neck comes up behind her and nuzzles her ear...
awww sweet Susie...
where is Jane...better yet where is Hannibal
there you are Jane.. I know I love you too
Im sorry that mean ole goose has to live here
then she hears a honk.
Hannibal has seen her.. she hears the thumpity thump of his feet..
sorry girls gotta go.. here he comes
she gets up runs to the gate
Hannibal on her heels
she thinks for a moment I will kick him
I got on my boots
she slams the chicken wire gate shut
stands there in defiance...
with her face right up to the gate
Hannibal just a honking
and sticks out her tongue
na na nana na you missed me again
with one fierce and quick motion
pow Hannibal pecked her smack on the forehead
Blood pours down her face
and a shrill ear piercing scream fills the air
she turns to run
and see's her Papa coming
and she told him...
go to the house he said sternly
before she made it she heard the gate slam
and mean ole Hannibal honk
one last honk..
Im sure they had goose for dinner soon after
as for the little girl.. well lets just say lesson learned
I still have that dent in my forehead
he took a plug of meat right out of me that day!
But he never got a chance to ruin my favorite place ever again!
Lisa Ann Smallwood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scars Memory by Lisa Ann Smallwood )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Primary Colours, vince gullaci
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)