In school it's real hard to compete
when you spend all your time in the street.
Never tryin' to get educated.
Math and science are things to be hated.
You spend all day actin' a fool;
just another punk breakin' the rules.
Soon the other kids leave you behind
while they all try to broaden their minds.
Scared to bring your report to Mama.
Still don't know what to do with a comma.
Failed more classes than you wanna tell,
now you can't read and write very well.
Don't do nothin' in school except play.
Probably end up in prison one day.
But it's cool, because you ain't to blame.
Your failure's the school system's shame.
But it's your life that's a half-empty cup,
So stop playin' dumb and grow up!
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (School Daze by William Chaplar )
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis