In school it's real hard to compete
when you spend all your time in the street.
Never tryin' to get educated.
Math and science are things to be hated.
You spend all day actin' a fool;
just another punk breakin' the rules.
Soon the other kids leave you behind
while they all try to broaden their minds.
Scared to bring your report to Mama.
Still don't know what to do with a comma.
Failed more classes than you wanna tell,
now you can't read and write very well.
Don't do nothin' in school except play.
Probably end up in prison one day.
But it's cool, because you ain't to blame.
Your failure's the school system's shame.
But it's your life that's a half-empty cup,
So stop playin' dumb and grow up!
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (School Daze by William Chaplar )
- To a loved one that died, Gert Strydom
- Smooth Finisher, Yohan Confectioner
- Detach, gajanan mishra
- ~Go Back To Sleep~, A Ghost
- SFI Appears To Be Most Agggressive, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do and go on, gajanan mishra
- Hurt, Tshering Chekii
- Jadavpur University Campus Is Not For Po.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Females have, hasmukh amathalal
- Restaurant Salad, James Merchant
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Bernard Shaw
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)