In school it's real hard to compete
when you spend all your time in the street.
Never tryin' to get educated.
Math and science are things to be hated.
You spend all day actin' a fool;
just another punk breakin' the rules.
Soon the other kids leave you behind
while they all try to broaden their minds.
Scared to bring your report to Mama.
Still don't know what to do with a comma.
Failed more classes than you wanna tell,
now you can't read and write very well.
Don't do nothin' in school except play.
Probably end up in prison one day.
But it's cool, because you ain't to blame.
Your failure's the school system's shame.
But it's your life that's a half-empty cup,
So stop playin' dumb and grow up!
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (School Daze by William Chaplar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- INSPIRATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Wisest Aunt, Telling the Saddest Tales, John Surowiecki
- Matin No. 2, John Surowiecki
- The Pristine Chapel, Dog goD 8Hate
- The Mower at the VA Hospital, John Surowiecki
- What I Know About Epistemology, John Surowiecki
- we the people, glen pugh
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken