In school it's real hard to compete
when you spend all your time in the street.
Never tryin' to get educated.
Math and science are things to be hated.
You spend all day actin' a fool;
just another punk breakin' the rules.
Soon the other kids leave you behind
while they all try to broaden their minds.
Scared to bring your report to Mama.
Still don't know what to do with a comma.
Failed more classes than you wanna tell,
now you can't read and write very well.
Don't do nothin' in school except play.
Probably end up in prison one day.
But it's cool, because you ain't to blame.
Your failure's the school system's shame.
But it's your life that's a half-empty cup,
So stop playin' dumb and grow up!
William Chaplar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (School Daze by William Chaplar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA