Scotland The Brave UK
Scotland oh! Scotland,
What have we done to thee,
That thou should'st want to part
When brothers both are we.
Have we not fought for freedoms sake,
side by bloody side,
And have we not shed both our blood,
in mutual victorious pride.
What do we say, to those who laid,
there lives down for our future,
Do we not owe it to the past
to, keep the bonds that bind us fast,
Should we not celebrate,
The differences that make us great,
And that together, unity,
is both our destiny and fate.
Would the square at Waterloo have held '
if tartan had been absent,
If the fife and drums, in solitary refrain,
'had no the pipes' to vent,
Would Sevastapol still hold the walls,
and would we be outside them,
We've been over The top. under the wire,
together we've suffered enemy fire.
The enemy now are those
who have, an interest in disunion,
'Divide and conquer', 'fan the hate',
Let's hope to God it's not too late,
Let us have faith in common sense,
play Scotland the brave.
As you march to the polls, vote no,
and maybe our country you'll save.
Damian Cranney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Scotland The Brave UK by Damian Cranney )
- THE WEEKEND BASH., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not with truth, gajanan mishra
- The race, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Folk dances., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Day, Hanh Chau
- The Wild West., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Am A Traveler., Tony Adah
- Broken Family, Broken Relationships, Wro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning, spiritual seeker
- Roses, Hanh Chau
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Different Ways to Pray, Naomi Shihab Nye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)