Plain little jewels of the sea
Resting easy in my hand,
Your velvety roundness
Breathes tranquility in me.
Funny this should be,
For you were born in the fires of this sphere,
Ejected rudely with sudden blast
Or chipped from wholeness,
Pressed and wave tossed.
Upheaval transformed you from igneous grit
To this polished state.
You do not sparkle or shine
With color bright,
But your creamy grain
Soothes, beautifies your loud world
Where surf and sand collide.
Placed in my palm,
You help me pause,
Remember that time and stormy seas
Might just knock the jaggedness off me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sea Stones by Kerry Peterson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- There Was..., Aparna Chatterjee
- A Dream, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- I work to cure but think about sweet Swe.., Nyota Yasulwe
- Music, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Days Of Olokun, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- The Lover, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- ALL OF THEM كلهم, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My Eyes, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Yayathi, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Day, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej