My wife and I
a winter cold dark night
along the passionate moments
under the warmth of a glossy blanket
to the touch, to the cool breath
of a lonely sea.
The water washed our feet
the sands gave us a ready seat
the breeze played the symphony
the waves danced in harmony
along moved to the tune,
the fishing lights, up and down.
Whispered into our eras
the mystery of
the vikings, the rovers and their plunders
the history of
the trades, traders and their crafty barters
the adventure of
the wars, warriors and their adept conquers.
sang, the melancholy of myriad tragedies
the melody of many a comedies
romantic, of love and empathy
deponent to the flowering of humanity
that 'Sea' is!
We sat sealed
heart touching heart, body closing body
in a winter cold night
enthralled at the hypnotic ecstasy
of the pacific beauty of the sea,
that 'Sea' is!
The moon sprinkling it's moonlit charm
on her body, seduces the Sea
Behold the ethereal romance of
the moon and the sea
from the foamy shore of a dreamy sea
in a moon cold night.
Jumps onto the moon with her breasts wide open
ferries him afloat, close to her heart
wild to his tune, closets forgotten
roars, cries, screams and dances and poses
a terrific noisy love that she indulges.
Stars still gazing, the moon fades behind
Sea sleeps calm, after an affair torrid
We retreated tardily
amassing experience of a lifetime.
Screamed from behind,
'Sea' silts, volcanoes erupt
the globe warms, the snows melt
or ever.. the plates tilt
or ever.. the polls roll?
Life evolved in water
Shall perish in water
and 'Sea' sings the lone truth!
My wife and I,
playfully toeing the surf
and kneeing the fading waves,
strolled around the wet sand, hand in hand
Little crabs sprint to water, atop their pinhead legs
Little shells pretend dead till the water reaches
Occasional insomniac gulls feast their catches
Fisherman setting his day,
sets his fishing net in transparent darkness
My wife and I
strolled the wet sand, hand in hand
in calm sea, in cool breeze, peacefully
body transcending physical self, floated
mind gliding the delicate wind, relaxed,
day yet to break and the seaside yet to rock!
far off in the east,
where the sky embraces the sea
look, the golden line on the horizon,
from the sea's womb the crescent sun
sprinkles hue on earth and heaven
When, the world celebrates this new born
the sea calmly blushes, the sky warmly blesses.
With the rise of the radiant sun
blooms a sparkling new morning
A new morning of
hope, love, faith and mutual respect..
Susanta Pattnayak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Sea' verse by Susanta Pattnayak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Baby's World, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Timeless Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'm Still The Same, Gillu Rahul
- They are all equal, gajanan mishra
- On the Day of an Election, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Smiles All The Way (Repeat), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- I Wander Lost, Shalom Freedman
- उसका ही अपमान करते हो uska hi apmaan, hasmukh amathalal
- In restless sea, gajanan mishra
- Christmas Is Here Tonight, Hebert Logerie
- खता करके, तुम्हारे द्वार पर, हर बार जाता.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra