Searching For A Dream
Searching for a dream that had become undone
Searching for a dream that I knew would never come
Searching for that dream in my later years
No more perseverance, just a lot of fears.
Time is now against me - no longer will it bend
Time is against me - it's no longer my companion or my friend.
This dream that I had will be a memory in my past
This dream that I had - gone away too fast.
Why do we fail to strive for that dream in our younger years?
Then when we get older, we shed so many tears
We become so obsessed in our youth with living for the day
Till that moment when it's all taken away.
Dreams can be like water slipping through your fingertips
But you can reinforce it through your mind and your lips.
Add a little concrete to the foundation
Giving your dreams- hopes and sensations.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
© L. RAMS
Comments about this poem (Searching For A Dream by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Raksha Bandhan, Aryaman Kakkar
- Poem is my bag, Aftab Alam
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed