Searching For A Dream
Searching for a dream that had become undone
Searching for a dream that I knew would never come
Searching for that dream in my later years
No more perseverance, just a lot of fears.
Time is now against me - no longer will it bend
Time is against me - it's no longer my companion or my friend.
This dream that I had will be a memory in my past
This dream that I had - gone away too fast.
Why do we fail to strive for that dream in our younger years?
Then when we get older, we shed so many tears
We become so obsessed in our youth with living for the day
Till that moment when it's all taken away.
Dreams can be like water slipping through your fingertips
But you can reinforce it through your mind and your lips.
Add a little concrete to the foundation
Giving your dreams- hopes and sensations.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
© L. RAMS
Comments about this poem (Searching For A Dream by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Gun, Rage'n Curtis
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Choice, Edith Nesbit
Poem of the Day
- Break Off From Your Sins II, Edward Kofi Louis
- My First Poem, Emelita C. Smith
- diMinNuTiVe, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am A Boat, Paul Gerard Reed
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma