Searching For A Dream
Searching for a dream that had become undone
Searching for a dream that I knew would never come
Searching for that dream in my later years
No more perseverance, just a lot of fears.
Time is now against me - no longer will it bend
Time is against me - it's no longer my companion or my friend.
This dream that I had will be a memory in my past
This dream that I had - gone away too fast.
Why do we fail to strive for that dream in our younger years?
Then when we get older, we shed so many tears
We become so obsessed in our youth with living for the day
Till that moment when it's all taken away.
Dreams can be like water slipping through your fingertips
But you can reinforce it through your mind and your lips.
Add a little concrete to the foundation
Giving your dreams- hopes and sensations.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
© L. RAMS
Comments about this poem (Searching For A Dream by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Rainbow & Sun, Luo Zhihai