Ace Of Black Hearts
Searching For The Madness Of Reason
Push, Push, Push.
The desperately needed connection.
A top wound and ready to spin.
Love driving us all crazy.
Searching, seeking, anticipating.
All for that second when the soul leaves the body.
Hands out, a surrender of the mind.
For a single act of true kindness.
Does it even exist in this place.
A world so cold.
A wall painted full of lies.
Brick by brick you can keep all of them.
The foundation of frauds.
We built our homes on them.
Charlatans full of well and cleverly crafted metaphors.
Adding art to the decor.
Let it burn the eyes.
Visions clouded, visions blurred.
Warped and twisted till there is no recognizing any of it any more.
A generation destroyed.
A species full of cretins and filth.
Yes I'm one them despicable humans.
On a place some called earth.
I'm sure it could be much worse.
But with a stacked deck I just don't know how.
Gambling my life away, the only real freedom anyone ever has.
The organism in which we live.
The energy in which we're sustained.
If it is only temporary.
Why do we even want it to go on and on like we really have a choice.
Forever is a price we pay when we start to going grey.
An over welcomed stay.
Immortal in the imagination.
Desperate are each and every one of our proclamation.
As if there is any conquering the reality of this.
I've seen the darkness of it.
Think I'm wrong, convince me other wise just shut up.
Be confident in that which you understand.
Or admit you know nothing.
There is no middle to the approach of this discussion.
For I have but a lifetime to find the answers I'm looking for.
Do you believe it not to be the same?
Indeed a life to be sustained on its own ignorance.
The driving force of the insane.
The calling is asking for one more.
Filling the glass to the very last drop.
Trying so hard to be analytically correct.
But what if it just doesn't add up.
An infinite system, a black hole.
But how far does this go?
And the true and honest answer is nobody really knows.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Searching For The Madness Of Reason by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Isabella Valancy Crawford
(25 December 1850 – 12 February 1887)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edward Kofi Louis
(13th October 1961)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- to be or not to be a vegtarianien, oskar hansen
- I Love You Dear, Michael P. McParland
- I Love You 2, Michael P. McParland
- I Love You, Michael P. McParland
- I Hope In Some Way, Michael P. McParland
- Emerald, Naveed Khalid
- I Hope, Michael P. McParland
- In All Things, Edward Kofi Louis
- See, seed!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rosy (Two), Asit Kumar Sanyal