Ace Of Black Hearts
Searching For The Madness Of Reason
Push, Push, Push.
The desperately needed connection.
A top wound and ready to spin.
Love driving us all crazy.
Searching, seeking, anticipating.
All for that second when the soul leaves the body.
Hands out, a surrender of the mind.
For a single act of true kindness.
Does it even exist in this place.
A world so cold.
A wall painted full of lies.
Brick by brick you can keep all of them.
The foundation of frauds.
We built our homes on them.
Charlatans full of well and cleverly crafted metaphors.
Adding art to the decor.
Let it burn the eyes.
Visions clouded, visions blurred.
Warped and twisted till there is no recognizing any of it any more.
A generation destroyed.
A species full of cretins and filth.
Yes I'm one them despicable humans.
On a place some called earth.
I'm sure it could be much worse.
But with a stacked deck I just don't know how.
Gambling my life away, the only real freedom anyone ever has.
The organism in which we live.
The energy in which we're sustained.
If it is only temporary.
Why do we even want it to go on and on like we really have a choice.
Forever is a price we pay when we start to going grey.
An over welcomed stay.
Immortal in the imagination.
Desperate are each and every one of our proclamation.
As if there is any conquering the reality of this.
I've seen the darkness of it.
Think I'm wrong, convince me other wise just shut up.
Be confident in that which you understand.
Or admit you know nothing.
There is no middle to the approach of this discussion.
For I have but a lifetime to find the answers I'm looking for.
Do you believe it not to be the same?
Indeed a life to be sustained on its own ignorance.
The driving force of the insane.
The calling is asking for one more.
Filling the glass to the very last drop.
Trying so hard to be analytically correct.
But what if it just doesn't add up.
An infinite system, a black hole.
But how far does this go?
And the true and honest answer is nobody really knows.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Searching For The Madness Of Reason by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- ten pm is..., Mandolyn ...
- How joyfully surprised you made me (cava.., Gert Strydom
- Obstacles, gajanan mishra
- When Autumn Comes Again, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People conceive me (inside - outside poe.., Gert Strydom
- Let it go - time, gajanan mishra
- Last Act of Penance, Andy Caldwell
- Look At This City, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- (1) I Accept for Now, She Doesn't Love Me, Uriah Hamilton
- Versatility is a unique quality!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)