The Silent Sword
Ten years I’ve lived in this house of mine,
Annually watching the cold decline,
Observing spring’s pervading green,
And meeting again a bird benign.
It sings so soft a song serene,
On a branch high up unseen.
I listen closely in my yard,
Until it lands ten feet between.
Although I’m just a peaceful bard,
It stares at me with keen eyes hard.
It hops and pecks across the grass,
Mending that which had been marred.
As season shifts its actions amass
A truth transparent, clear as glass.
All things will come and pass,
All things will come and pass.
The Silent Sword's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seasonal Robin by The Silent Sword )
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar