Seasons Of Love
Our love was a love whispered in the winds of forever
like the rising sun on an eastern horizon
it marked the dawn of our tomorrows.
Then the dogwood trees spread its flower
as if promising a swift end to our winters
then morning birds' began to sing their sonnets
heralding in the spring and all it's blooms
even the fresh blooms of our love.
Then we bathed in the summer's warm radiance
as our two hearts aligned as one
they found a new harmonic beat
in tune with the carefree life under the sun.
Then hand in hand we watched
as nature's delicate brush painted the fall
in shades of reds and brown upon the trees
as we walked along the streets of our dreams.
We both knew the bouquet of leaves
would soon fall prey to autumn's wind
leaving a blank canvas for winter's snowy embrace
all to soon fall upon once again upon the limbs..
Time moved ever so slowly through the seasons of our love
as we together watched nature run its course
yet like all tomorrows ours was destined to become
just another yesterday that cycled into history.
For what once had a whisper of forever
to soon became a memory with winter's retreat
another sun set in the Western skies
a marvel beautifully marking yet another end.
Now I sit in the shade of an old willow
who weeps in tandem with a lonely poet
I hear the distant mournful melody
of the mocking bird as it mocks my songs of sorrow.
I know the winds of time will blow in
season after season
but it is the season of our love
that will be whispered in the winds
of my soul forever.
Joey Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Seasons Of Love by Joey Jones )
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
- This Isn't My Body, Elizabeth Tyrrell
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)