J thampi Jayasingh
There is news of battles
Fought in the neighboring states,
Nations rise against nations,
Still there are marriages,
Hilarious visits of tourists
In the red deserts
And the turbulent shores;
In a lovely family of four
Father hasn’t returned home,
Son was grabbed in front
Of mother’s questioning eyes,
A whole family left
A giggling red child to live!
Is it the second coming?
The trails of much awaited Lord?
Were they lifted for eternal bliss?
And these are left for lasting doom?
Then why there are measures half done,
If it is the Lords Day?
“Home is a place when you have to
Go there, they have to take you in”*
My kins of Sri Lanka
Where will you go?
*(from Robert Frost’s poem)
J thampi Jayasingh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Second Coming by J thampi Jayasingh )
- I Dry My Tears, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Valley of an autumn's night, Raluca Mitra
- The stars that touch a rose is the star.., Raymond Sawyer
- *Halloween Stroll, Alice Vedral Rivera
- चाँद रात में सैर, Rajnish Manga
- Oil In White Robe, Okoemu Barnabas
- I Could Have Loved You, Sandra Feldman
- I Don't Feel Like A Poet Today, Buxton Shippy
- A weirdo, Amgad Samy
- an act, Billie Lynn Minear
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
(1 February 1927)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)