written by: amanda
Keep it down,
These walls paper thin,
Dont let the children hear.
let the arguing begin.
Smiles on their faces cracked.
The truth comes out,
all she feels is hate.
He doesn't know what to do,
Don't let the children see.
He stays strong.
What could we have done different.
What if this, what if that.
We watch as she locks her self away.
She blows up on other days.
Sitting in an empty room,
we don't know what to do,
All we have is each other.
Gone all day, she has nothing to say,
Again she's locked her self away.
It feels as if im watching a silent movie,
Slow motion, moving way to fast,
Slow it down, turn the volume up say what you need to say.
I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't stand it anymore.
I want to run away, be a child again,
let things go back the way they used to be.
All the things they never say,
all the stupid games we play.
All the tears we are to numb to cry,
all the times we thought it was over.
Secrets, the things I wish I would say.
Im sorry mom, I'll do better.
Im sorry dad, did you know you're my hero.
I can do better, we can make things better.
Amanda Swindahl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Secrets. by Amanda Swindahl )
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Star chat........., SALINI NAIR
- Chicane, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)