written by: amanda
Keep it down,
These walls paper thin,
Dont let the children hear.
let the arguing begin.
Smiles on their faces cracked.
The truth comes out,
all she feels is hate.
He doesn't know what to do,
Don't let the children see.
He stays strong.
What could we have done different.
What if this, what if that.
We watch as she locks her self away.
She blows up on other days.
Sitting in an empty room,
we don't know what to do,
All we have is each other.
Gone all day, she has nothing to say,
Again she's locked her self away.
It feels as if im watching a silent movie,
Slow motion, moving way to fast,
Slow it down, turn the volume up say what you need to say.
I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't stand it anymore.
I want to run away, be a child again,
let things go back the way they used to be.
All the things they never say,
all the stupid games we play.
All the tears we are to numb to cry,
all the times we thought it was over.
Secrets, the things I wish I would say.
Im sorry mom, I'll do better.
Im sorry dad, did you know you're my hero.
I can do better, we can make things better.
Amanda Swindahl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Secrets. by Amanda Swindahl )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- This world is yours, gajanan mishra
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa