written by: amanda
Keep it down,
These walls paper thin,
Dont let the children hear.
let the arguing begin.
Smiles on their faces cracked.
The truth comes out,
all she feels is hate.
He doesn't know what to do,
Don't let the children see.
He stays strong.
What could we have done different.
What if this, what if that.
We watch as she locks her self away.
She blows up on other days.
Sitting in an empty room,
we don't know what to do,
All we have is each other.
Gone all day, she has nothing to say,
Again she's locked her self away.
It feels as if im watching a silent movie,
Slow motion, moving way to fast,
Slow it down, turn the volume up say what you need to say.
I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't stand it anymore.
I want to run away, be a child again,
let things go back the way they used to be.
All the things they never say,
all the stupid games we play.
All the tears we are to numb to cry,
all the times we thought it was over.
Secrets, the things I wish I would say.
Im sorry mom, I'll do better.
Im sorry dad, did you know you're my hero.
I can do better, we can make things better.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Secrets. by Amanda Swindahl )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Soul In Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Public Limited Company Safety Catch, Terence G. Craddock
- Cry Tears (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- I am married to the Muses, Hebert Logerie
- Limited Suffix Finances Warms Limited Li.., Terence G. Craddock
- Counting Sheep, Ronald Chapman
- Unprepared To Sit And Listen, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Athens Shall Burn For the 3rd Time, Joseph DeMarco
- Color Of Easter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Color White, Ronald Chapman