As I lie on my bed
And watch the moon
Travel the dark ink sky
On the glass
To my surprise
Another moon sits high.
Paler, flying side by side,
The ivory form I know
Like a ghost, barely light,
Sleet beside the snow.
In disbelief, I press my face
Against the window, it is there!
I finally nod
And smile a small smile
We all have our shadows to bear.
The Jester's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Secrets by The Jester )
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt