Seduction Of Vices
Left and right from all the sides
I’m fastened with many illusions
Lust, greed, pride and anger
And many more vices' seductions.
The more I’m trying to be liberated from them
The more they are engulfing with their alluring arms.
So notorious, so injurious are these vices all around
They allure, they induce and they pull me in the darkest den.
By any means they are shadowing my wisdom and knowledge.
They glitter like mirages with fascinating gloss
to captivate in their laid down web as a prey of themselves.
Finally they drown me in a big dark black hole
To put to an end.
Amitava (25.04.2014) 11-00 pm
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seduction Of Vices by Amitava Sur )
Did you read them?
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Suryakant Tripathi 'Nirala'
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)