Seduction Of Vices
Left and right from all the sides
I’m fastened with many illusions
Lust, greed, pride and anger
And many more vices' seductions.
The more I’m trying to be liberated from them
The more they are engulfing with their alluring arms.
So notorious, so injurious are these vices all around
They allure, they induce and they pull me in the darkest den.
By any means they are shadowing my wisdom and knowledge.
They glitter like mirages with fascinating gloss
to captivate in their laid down web as a prey of themselves.
Finally they drown me in a big dark black hole
To put to an end.
Amitava (25.04.2014) 11-00 pm
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seduction Of Vices by Amitava Sur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Christmas Box, Edgar Albert Guest
- Next Of Kin, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Honor Roll, Edgar Albert Guest
- Safe At Home, Edgar Albert Guest
- Old Years And New, Edgar Albert Guest
- She Powders Her Nose, Edgar Albert Guest
- Mother's Job, Edgar Albert Guest
- Education Coming Full Circle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What Father Knows, Edgar Albert Guest
- To The Boy, Edgar Albert Guest