Seeds Of Faith!
The farmer has his seeds of faith,
His land is ready now
And so he takes what God once gave,
The harvest to endow...
The seeds are scattered left and right,
In hopes that they grow strong,
Enough to face each day and night,
Right there where they belong...
The land obeys its destiny,
Its purpose to fulfil,
With patience and expectancy
According to God's will...
The seed takes root beyond its form,
It stretches near and far,
Beneath the sunshine bright and warm,
Beneath each twinkling star...
The moon has phases all its own,
Yet soon night's darkness dims
And all this time each seed has grown
As if it's growing limbs...
You may not understand it all,
And yet, right there's the proof,
The process shows God's miracle,
For faith relies on truth...
Else why would farmers scatter seed,
If not for some reward?
By faith in God they stand agreed
Because they trust the Lord...
It's their example we commend,
And so we do our part
And pray for blessings God will send
To each and every heart...
Who knows the blessings wrought by prayer
By each evangelist?
We only hope God's love we share
While seeds of faith persist...
Denis Martindale, copyright August 2014.
The Revelation TV website and watch now details
can be found on Google. Seek and ye shall find...
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seeds Of Faith! by Denis Martindale )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reflecting Mistakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- East Wind, Madathil Nair
- Priceless Worth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Something They Couldn't Steal Away, Spiritwind Wood
- Sweet Sighs, Leria Hawkins
- Goodnight Sweet Kira 3, Michael P. McParland
- The Origin of Words, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Prerna, Inspiration/ A Cup of Coffee .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Villain I, Bijay Kant Dubey