Brought on by the ever present need to be loved,
We destroy all that is loveable in us.
Brought on by the pursuit of pleasure,
We destroy all of the pleasure around us.
Brought on by the need to be needed,
We destroy those who need us.
By are desires we are defined,
And by those desires we are destroyed.
We seek the light,
We find the dark.
We reach for hope,
We rush headlong into hopelessness.
Find the pleasure,
But give pleasure in return.
Find the need,
But give to those who need.
Find the love,
But give the love without conditions.
Seek the light,
Reach for hope,
Find the love.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Seek by Jeff Manion )
- Pay attention, gajanan mishra
- The Sun Has Collapsed, Naveed Akram
- Auto-bond, gajanan mishra
- Rush race, gajanan mishra
- Brothers, Nassy Fesharaki
- I Understand, michael walkerjohn
- Knowledge is a must, gajanan mishra
- BOUND BY YOUR OWN CHAINS (Release of Fre.., michael walkerjohn
- Flight of Chance, michael walkerjohn
- A Patch of Earth under a Thatch of Sky , John Tansey
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- It Is the Hour, George Gordon Byron
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)