cheryl davis miller
'Darkness cannot reveal Light, '
I've heard that said before.
Recent revelations have
convinced me even more.
Truth is worthy of defense
regardless of the cost.
When lies are sown; they take root
until all Truth is lost.
Death can never produce Life,
regardless how men try.
Life came to overcome death,
that we might live thereby.
So don't seek Light, in dead words;
nor Life in death's dark place;
seek the Light, and Truth, and Life;
in Jesus precious face.
cheryl davis miller's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Seek Light by cheryl davis miller )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Castles Made of Salt, Michael Mira
- Your Voice, Gina Borrebach
- For peace, gajanan mishra
- Lament Before The Eve, lingering stupor
- Sons of the nature, gajanan mishra
- The Death of Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Christmas Scene, Salim R Javed
- Girls are not a burden.A sweet conversat.., Salim R Javed
- Night, Leong Ming Loong
- The Tired Smile, Leong Ming Loong