Seeking the Present Moment
I found myself within your space,
Accidentally, quite by chance,
Seems to be a most peaceful place,
The steps to your elusive dance.
My jealous mind won’t take part,
By confusions of the past,
Forgetting how to take to heart,
As a life has been miscast.
Planning well into the future,
Held hostage and at bay,
Tied tightly by its suture,
Unwillingly I obey.
I long to return within your space,
Nirvana rules in glory,
Loosely in your warm embrace,
Unfolding in life’s story.
Inside the body, a tug of war,
Tearing apart the soul,
Knocking on an empty door,
Freedom from control.
Close your eyes, deeply breathe,
Remember who you are,
Loosen life’s false woven sheave,
Quit seeking near and far.
I am as I sing,
Shall be what shall be,
I am in everything,
Everything is in me.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Seeking the Present Moment by G.R. Gaus )
Did you read them?
- Money Or Value, Louis Borgo
- Peace be unto you!, gajanan mishra
- No road sense, hasmukh amathalal
- goals II, douglas scotney
- Two Beautiful Glittering Stars, Aftab Alam
- Consoling Arms, Gerry Legister
- islamic state, douglas scotney
- Blame not the stars, gajanan mishra
- Emptyness, advija hrustic
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)