Here lies one door I should not have opened.
Someone saw my riches, and they were stolen.
Whatever may happen, this remains unspoken.
No one must know what it is provoking.
The battle may be found where the smoke is.
A king cannot be crowned without blood to soak in.
It is in that cup that he drinks to choke with
All on his own without chance of forfeit.
Catch this thief, I beseech you to!
Look at her teeth, because she is see-through!
Nightmares plague me under these blue moons,
Reflecting brightly in rivers at noon.
Someone lit fire to my meadow in a morning without rain.
I saw what could happen to my Kingdom and writhed with pain.
Forget that thief—let her keep what she took!
Why choke when pride and belief are mistook?
Finding hearts drive many briefly insane—
In fits of anger destroying all in range.
Regrets I see that of history create books—
A never-ending cycle of rivers and hooks.
Edwin Cordero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Self-Esteem by Edwin Cordero )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hermit, Neela Nath
- Drink Me In, Susan Lacovara
- Rainbowing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To stop myself from; running to you, Mark Heathcote
- Legitimate Company Goes Boom Bust Dust, Terence G. Craddock
- With least humanity, hasmukh amathalal
- Precisely In Love, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Small Investors Naive Get Burned, Terence G. Craddock
- Ssshhh-e Does It!, Edgar Andrade Baguio
- Oh Death, Tony Adah