For seventeen years
I've lived on the earth
dealing with love, hate,
tragedy, and loss.
During school I dealt with the evils,
being laughed at,
being made fun of,
and at times not having many friends.
But I was always strong.
I went for a little awkward girl
to an awkward teenager,
but I never truly cared
how I looked, or acted,
until I realized one day
how bad I looked.
Unintentionally I stared changing
my style, my attitude, everything.
And I'm not such an awkward person
and I deal with things better.
No one puts me down without a fight.
No words break me the way they did
not so long ago.
I have always been myself,
And I change for no one,
only for myself.
And finally I was able to
accept myself and to love me
Samantha Desmond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Self-Growth by Samantha Desmond )
- - - I Miss You So Much- -, Ali Sabry
- Letter To A Purist, Sylvia Plath
- Watercolor Of Grantchester Meadows, Sylvia Plath
- - How can I say farewell to you-, Ali Sabry
- The Shrike, Sylvia Plath
- - My Lovely Beauty Lady Let Me Forget Th.., Ali Sabry
- The Ravaged Face, Sylvia Plath
- Channel Crossing, Sylvia Plath
- - - You Come Back To Me At End- -, Ali Sabry
- - You Are The Most Beautiful Girl In Who.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)
Udiah (witness to Yah)