Lawrence S. Pertillar
I am one more devoted,
To the quality of work I produce.
That's how deeply involved...
And separated from myself I can get.
With messages that come,
And from me I want to deliver...
As soon as I can with it done and quick.
To then move on to other thoughts,
Demanding I notice whenever they visit.
Too humble I am to declare ownership.
Although it's not that I refuse self promotion,
As much as I have reduced my ego...
For me that became too restricted and limited,
To permit that which I have done to do...
With a doing to speak for itself.
To leave me not to wonder who,
May or may not be more impressed...
By what it is I have left to address.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Self Promotion by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Flowers, David Griebel
- Apple Sauce And Chicken Fried, Effie Waller Smith
- Generosity, Babatunde Aremu
- Futile Peace Troll, Aftab Alam
- Dragons, David Griebel
- After Reading the Song of Hiawatha, Effie Waller Smith
- Two Things, Taurai, George Pfumbi
- I listened, I listened, I listened, arshad arshad
- Preparation, Effie Waller Smith
- News York City, Ima Ryma
Poem of the Day
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- You Will Forever Be In My Heart, Crystal Piatt
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Television, Roald Dahl
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)