Send away the mail,
Was it a sale?
And make one bewail?
I was sent to live away
On the airplane one day.
To my grandparents to stay,
Forever that February day.
Very few knew the truth,
The miscarriage and uncouth.
I tried to run away
My feelings to allay.
I felt unwanted
My love undaunted.
I missed my family
Was only fifteen.
Tore me inside,
Was not a fun ride.
Mom and Dad,
Brothers and sister, I had
On an island,
My heart could not send.
Danette Frenz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Send by Danette Frenz )
- Be a man, devon da poet
- Bright Star, JJ Evendon
- O lord Jesus, I've dragged your name in .., devon da poet
- Recession to Poverty, Roger Bussey
- Our Life, Roger Bussey
- Iconography, Frank Avon
- Memories of the Past, Roger Bussey
- Fellow Poet, Saiom Shriver
- My First Taste of Love, Roger Bussey
- My True Love, Roger Bussey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Ardella, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)