Lawrence S. Pertillar
The missing of common sense,
Has proven to have gone unnoticed.
And as we live these days...
One only has to sit quietly to listen for it.
To determine if there are any signs,
Or attempts being made to express intelligence.
Is anyone daring enough to make conversation?
With sentences connected.
And another awaiting to respond effectively?
Less of this is done publicly.
None of it seems to be in the air to clear anymore.
As more nonsense appears to be shared.
Maybe expectations are raised too high.
Maybe sanity is just too precious of a gift,
For those who recognize this and prefer to sit...
With their mouths and lips tightly pressed,
As if cemented to realize with eyes opened wide...
That any sense attempted to make can be life threatening.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sentences Connected by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Uninvited - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Through the down memory lane., Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Ladyton Spring, Dan Reynolds
- Bhumi, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Time Passes By..., Alvin Jenner
- Comments, Frank Avon
- Raining Hay, Julian Mann
- Belief on God, HARIOM RASTOGI
- Creativity, Tex T Sarnie
- Three Small Fancies, Ananta Madhavan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)