What have you wrought with a single thought?
Not through a want, a need or even a desire
But to share of yourself from the burning fire.
Entrails that sweep across the sky
My God, you sanction that we cry.
To shed tears at the birth of one who looks like me
Softness of frame and loveliness of face to see.
To cry inside when my child ventures out on a date
My beloved baby, please for this time of your life; just wait.
Graduation with pomp and circumstance and the roll of the drums
My beautiful daughters and my handsome sons.
At their wedding my macho being inside to cry
For childrern I offer an eternal, joyous sigh.
Light of my life, light of my being and light of the way
Be prouductive, happy, contribute and please, 'have a good day',
03-06-60 Aho Speaks.
AHO Speaks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sentimental by AHO Speaks )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 'Loving', Quenten McClellan
- And Yet, I Love You Still, Leria Hawkins
- War is going on, gajanan mishra
- I Live Like a Dog, LUVinThe NOW
- Morning and morning, gajanan mishra
- You Will Wake Up In The Garden, Ismim Putera
- Prime Truth - 18, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 17, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Fear and Fright, Ismim Putera
- A Thousand Faces, Cheyenne Doss