Sestina For Darkness
There will always be Darkness,
With us, and around us
But it is us who must choose what Life
We want to live... Forever...
But we must be wise
And learn to live around suffering and pain.
After we face pain
and make it through, it seems Darkness
Sets back in, even for the wise,
even for the gleeful, even us.
These conditions are forever
defined under 'Life'.
Something we love, but pain
is a condition that comes with Life...Forever...
The counterpart to life, but still, Darkness is within us,
As it stays...Wisely...
But isn't it so with age comes Wisdom?
As we age, ours lives
Get shorter. this goes for all of us,
As we stand, even still, in pain
But how long is Forever?
This is a question not even the wise
Can answer, we have came close, but soon, it got Dark,
And came the end of Life,
Pain still lives on, with all of us...
But does pain still live in us?
Will end, and pain
Will end, and we become wiser,
And overcome Life,
So triumphant be us,
Us who made it through, who were brave and wise!
It will be forever
We enjoy Life,
And disappear will pain,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I dedicate this poem to my best bro, Justus.
Comments about this poem (Sestina For Darkness by Daniel Batson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael
- Dispirited Humanity, Aftab Alam
- A nonentity's. Life, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Girl, We Both Suffer, Ronell Warren Alman
- But you are abandoning me, gajanan mishra
- I am going to meet an end, gajanan mishra