You took all the colours
From your rainbow,
And coloured me in happy.
I bathed in the new perspective you poured over me.
I let it penetrate to my roots,
And sink to settle in me.
Your kindness warmed me,
Even though you would never be mine.
The thought that you would stay never grew.
So I accept you have gone
To brighten some other day.
I will stand strong here.
Just as the willow tree
Bends with the storm,
I will not break.
My colours have been stripped,
But I will be content with the greys
Of this rainy winter.
I know the memories of my love
Will serve as a colourful canopy,
I can't breathe without you.
Ruby Honeytip's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Settling by Ruby Honeytip )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Washing Machine, Abhinit Chute (abz)
- A Teenager's Wish, Praveen Gola
- A Little Shiver, Barton Sutter
- Raat ke andhere me, Aftab Alam
- I lost my game, Praveen Gola
- Devil's cry, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- An illegitimate legend, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Happiness, Praveen Gola
- WORDS PLAY, Satish Verma
- Little Fishermen, Edgar Albert Guest