Sewer of Life
I've heard the smell there is Hell
only your friend/enemy...trades tainted money
Bodies are bought/sold...with/out... knowledge/permission
Souls are left damaged/bruised...repaired/ripe...
I feel the scar of broken dreams on the stench of bad breath
foul-fools only to the weak of hearts and wounded minds!
I hear the cry from a tribe who never show fear...
among a twisted smile/back-hander
Devil in disguise...
a dime a dozen in the sewer of life.
I know who/what you've been up to..your dirty dealings will be for all to see
you think a blind eye can be turned to your murky dealings
the bones of my hand will show the blueprint of your true colors
Let the record show
' My soul is not for sale'.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sewer of Life by Martina Moriarty )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Nymphs And Shepherds, Thomas Shadwell
Poem of the Day
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez