Sewer of Life
I've heard the smell there is Hell
only your friend/enemy...trades tainted money
Bodies are bought/sold...with/out... knowledge/permission
Souls are left damaged/bruised...repaired/ripe...
I feel the scar of broken dreams on the stench of bad breath
foul-fools only to the weak of hearts and wounded minds!
I hear the cry from a tribe who never show fear...
among a twisted smile/back-hander
Devil in disguise...
a dime a dozen in the sewer of life.
I know who/what you've been up to..your dirty dealings will be for all to see
you think a blind eye can be turned to your murky dealings
the bones of my hand will show the blueprint of your true colors
Let the record show
' My soul is not for sale'.
Martina Moriarty's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sewer of Life by Martina Moriarty )
- حديث النفس, قسطاكي الحمصي
- A fox in Leeds with unusual needs., Stephen Katona
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
- Travel China Haiku - - A wealthy China, john tiong chunghoo
- Autumnal, Lawrence Beck
- Blinding Trust, Nick Kler
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Len Webster's 'Happiness', Len Webster
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Lesson, Roger McGough
- A Devoted Teacher, Joseph T. Renaldi
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(November 9 - 1937)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert Louis Stevenson