I need the strength to move another foot.
The strength that the others have took.
To walk this shadowed road.
And to continue to not fold.
I need the strength that I have lost.
The strength to give the ball another toss.
To keep my head high in the sky.
And to find a way to fly.
I need the strength to live on.
The strength that I haven't won.
To smile when I want to fall.
And to stand up tall.
I need the strength to love.
The strength to look above.
To stand tall under the earth's dome.
And to find my final home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shadow Road by Natasha Hetzel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The best I could do, Somanathan Iyer
- A Confidence Born Of Grace, John deVries
- HAIKU...The Wizard of Ice, Ken e Hall
- Beautiful, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Landscapes Of Rhythm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak