I need the strength to move another foot.
The strength that the others have took.
To walk this shadowed road.
And to continue to not fold.
I need the strength that I have lost.
The strength to give the ball another toss.
To keep my head high in the sky.
And to find a way to fly.
I need the strength to live on.
The strength that I haven't won.
To smile when I want to fall.
And to stand up tall.
I need the strength to love.
The strength to look above.
To stand tall under the earth's dome.
And to find my final home.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shadow Road by Natasha Hetzel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- She in Desert, Akhtar Jawad
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Africanesse not Darkness, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Wings of Shakti, Poet Dragon