Shall We Dance?
Shall we dance in clever rhymes
In deepest sea or heavens blue?
And shall I gladly commit crimes
Of vows for I'm in love with you?
And what if I run out of words?
Or maybe I'll become so shy
Of truth that now just my heart hurts
But in the end it will kill thy
So tonight I'll just take your hand
And turn my look to skies above
In hope they'll water this dry land
Or that they’ll send us a white dove
In her beck carrying an olive sprout
To fill my mind with peace instead of doubt
Gabriela Duricova's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shall We Dance? by Gabriela Duricova )
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
- Hold Your Zip, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Swans (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Parents need good parenting., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)