Shall We Dance?
Shall we dance in clever rhymes
In deepest sea or heavens blue?
And shall I gladly commit crimes
Of vows for I'm in love with you?
And what if I run out of words?
Or maybe I'll become so shy
Of truth that now just my heart hurts
But in the end it will kill thy
So tonight I'll just take your hand
And turn my look to skies above
In hope they'll water this dry land
Or that they’ll send us a white dove
In her beck carrying an olive sprout
To fill my mind with peace instead of doubt
Gabriela Duricova's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shall We Dance? by Gabriela Duricova )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- मोखांजोँ मोखां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Walton/Walmart Chinese Club, Richard Thripp
- sharing a cup of civet coffee, RIC S. BASTASA
- and they will love you for it, RIC S. BASTASA
- that old streetcar already named desire, RIC S. BASTASA
- an ailing wind, RIC S. BASTASA
- mistaken......, RIC S. BASTASA
- All I'm Looking For, Angel Gibbs
- To You, With Love, Fareez Nasir
- For smooth sailing, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.