I Love My Wife Forever
Sharing My Heart
Sharing my heart isn't easy to do,
Closed off by scares from another untrue,
Guarded and cautious bearing armor within,
Makes it so hard to dare to love once again.
When my heart was willing and my spirit was free,
I gave without question and with no guarantee,
my heart stood uncovered like an open book,
Bearing my soul with every glance that was took.
No armor was needed, my faith was in flight,
And i trusted completely of a future so bright,
I believe in happy endings, of dreams coming true,
Then suddenly out of nowhere I was told 'We are through'
Shartted from heartbreak, my world crumbled down,
Promises of tomorrow lay dieing all around,
To start over again takes such strenght and will,
And to overcome the pain was a goal to fulfill.
I still believe in love but careful i tread,
Making sure that my heart isn't easily misled.
Shearing my heart will mean my armor will fall,
So protect me with love, when i give you my 'all'
I Love My Wife Forever's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sharing My Heart by I Love My Wife Forever )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Preface To A Twenty Volume Suicide Note, Imamu Amiri Baraka
- Out, Out, Robert Frost
- Barter, Sara Teasdale
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Changing Everything, Jane Hirshfield
- If Thou Of Fortune Be Bereft, John Greenleaf Whittier
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- A Cheaper Way To Fly, Darren Hobson
- Dear Lonely Animal,, Oni Buchanan
- And The World, Darren Hobson
- Heaven Must Be A Lonely Place, Derek Brendish
- all at once..., ging taping
- Could I Walk Alone?, Derek Brendish
- Human Karma, Harindhar Reddy
- A Madman, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Bamboo Love, Tanya K.Tuomi
- Twilight Land, Tanya K.Tuomi