Glen Martin Fitch
SHE SAID 'SAVE YOURSELF'
if you mean save my mortal soul
(before the pass/fail test
when I decay
for pre-paid bliss)
or face the heated hole,
I'll run the risk-
I won't play.
Or do you mean
I ought to hoard my goods to barter
in the market of the tough?
Or how I should survive
the world of shoulds?
there never is enough.
Or do you mean
I ought to bide my time,
as if I am a resource to conserve,
for all too soon
I will be past my prime?
(I doubt if I am worthy
Do I need rescuing?
It's plain to see
that no one's saving me,
my friend, but me.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SHE SAID 'SAVE YOURSELF' by Glen Martin Fitch )
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
- MY DOLL, Ritusmera Mundakkal
- Hope and promises, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)