She Will Be Free
A sullen stone, with its haughty tone, sits across her path.
I can't be sure what she could have done, to incur its wrath.
She checked her stance, she stood her ground.
Her eyes were fire, when she turned around.
You'd best move and make room for me, was what her laughter said.
She can feel the warmth and can see the light, on the road ahead
There is one truth that I foresee.
You cant hold her, she will be free.
Jennifer Rothgordt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Will Be Free by Jennifer Rothgordt )
- Life's a Ball, Alice Cordy
- 'Did I ever Exist? ', Ananta Madhavan
- Keep safe, hasmukh amathalal
- Sunshine, Hanh Chau
- The Power Of Prayer, Tom Zart
- Mini Pool Tournament, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tonight And Every Night, Michael McParland
- Ongoing Mental De-Evolution, michael walkerjohn
- Crossroads Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)