She Will Be Free
A sullen stone, with its haughty tone, sits across her path.
I can't be sure what she could have done, to incur its wrath.
She checked her stance, she stood her ground.
Her eyes were fire, when she turned around.
You'd best move and make room for me, was what her laughter said.
She can feel the warmth and can see the light, on the road ahead
There is one truth that I foresee.
You cant hold her, she will be free.
Jennifer Rothgordt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Will Be Free by Jennifer Rothgordt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- On Looking Out The Window Of An Airoplane, Sambanath Denis
- Mosaic of Love And Legends By Onkar Nath.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Psalm 067, Forrest Hainline
- Who Will They Put In Charge of Vanishing.., mary douglas
- The Plow, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Tales Of A Wife: She Wants To Stay, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Rest my case, Nassy Fesharaki
- de tijd is een philosophie, co the skipper
- Coach journey home, Mark Heathcote
- Another Barn Burns (don't call 911) .., Monk E. Biz