She Will Be Free
A sullen stone, with its haughty tone, sits across her path.
I can't be sure what she could have done, to incur its wrath.
She checked her stance, she stood her ground.
Her eyes were fire, when she turned around.
You'd best move and make room for me, was what her laughter said.
She can feel the warmth and can see the light, on the road ahead
There is one truth that I foresee.
You cant hold her, she will be free.
Jennifer Rothgordt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Will Be Free by Jennifer Rothgordt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice