Dead awake my nightmare unfolds
As I endear stories untold.
The world runs away,
I'm glad it did not stay.
My life is full,
Yett so empty, so dull,
And suddenly I start to sway.
I pray to the only God,
And hope I am not a fraud.
I pray he heals me,
I pray I live,
I pray I can see,
And give when I need to give.
The ebony shelter rises from over my eyes,
And I look down from the starlit skies.
The life i'd lived in the shelter,
Was comfy and Held its own filter.
But Now that it's gone here's where I am,
Yet why do I feel like it was all just an Obscene scam?
Vathalia Mae's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shelter by Vathalia Mae )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Stephen Wylie
Mikhail Yuryevich Lermontov
(1814 - 1841)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- And The Moon And The Stars And The World, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Is God both Interventionist and non-inte.., Merton Lee
- Fitina Mai Sand'a, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Diana's Pool, Julyn Pride
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Villanelle: When countries slaughter mai.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Coywolf, Julyn Pride
- December Walk, Julyn Pride
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro