Dead awake my nightmare unfolds
As I endear stories untold.
The world runs away,
I'm glad it did not stay.
My life is full,
Yett so empty, so dull,
And suddenly I start to sway.
I pray to the only God,
And hope I am not a fraud.
I pray he heals me,
I pray I live,
I pray I can see,
And give when I need to give.
The ebony shelter rises from over my eyes,
And I look down from the starlit skies.
The life i'd lived in the shelter,
Was comfy and Held its own filter.
But Now that it's gone here's where I am,
Yet why do I feel like it was all just an Obscene scam?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shelter by Vathalia Mae )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Soldiers Lament, Phil Soar
- The Sloth, Phil Soar
- The Double Play, Robert Wallace
- Kippers, Phil Soar
- what does hope tell you?, RIC S. BASTASA
- OUT, Phil Soar
- then we have changed from quizzical to a.., RIC S. BASTASA
- A Fishy Tale, Phil Soar
- those who are dying, RIC S. BASTASA
- For Lou and the rest of us, RIC S. BASTASA