Dead awake my nightmare unfolds
As I endear stories untold.
The world runs away,
I'm glad it did not stay.
My life is full,
Yett so empty, so dull,
And suddenly I start to sway.
I pray to the only God,
And hope I am not a fraud.
I pray he heals me,
I pray I live,
I pray I can see,
And give when I need to give.
The ebony shelter rises from over my eyes,
And I look down from the starlit skies.
The life i'd lived in the shelter,
Was comfy and Held its own filter.
But Now that it's gone here's where I am,
Yet why do I feel like it was all just an Obscene scam?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Shelter by Vathalia Mae )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard
- Unprepared, Disrespectful 'and' Undiscip.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Summer Nights, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- THE PRETTY SEASONS AND THE PRETTY ROCK O.., MOHAMMAD SKATI