Should You Chance Upon This Heavy Heart
Should you chance upon this heavy heart,
This loricate lump of love and muscle.
Would you hear, when prised apart,
Whispered wings or crisp bags rustle?
Should you dance within it's haunted halls,
Complete with fruit filled fountain,
Would you leave light footfalls,
Not leave me up a mountain?
Should you glance through the whetstone panes,
Of it's tear stained glass,
Would you follow the same old lanes,
Towards your own grabbled greener grass?
Should you chance upon this tender loving, misread heart,
Riddled with good intention,
Would you care that even though love doth smart,
I spill it without exception?
Anthony Di'anno's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Should You Chance Upon This Heavy Heart by Anthony Di'anno )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Recognizing Tempos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sometimes an hour, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- The Possession of Love (Section 8 of Thi.., rajendran muthiah
- A BROKEN DREAM حلم مئطوش - حلم مكسور, MOHAMMAD SKATI