If i stand sideways
and walk sideways
and think sideways
and act sideways
will you think the world is spinnng
on a horizontal axis?
If not, let me tell you about the time
that my mind turned off...
...and back on again, like this-
tick tack toe
ray me so
two three for
beg four more
this poem has no meaning, makes no sence
or does it mean everything that you never thought you knew, not in your life
but you know now, for all of your life,
because knowledge is inevitable
and if the words i say mean anything,
You'll know, you always do
How could you not?
Even if i didn't say them, you would know what i mean
can you know whatyou think?
without saying it?
but none of this matters...
If i san sideways,
will you call me by my middle name?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sideways by Sergey Sibikovsky )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- It isn't easy!, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Am Third, Perry Biggerstaff
- The Nigeria Political Vampires, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila