SIGNIFICANT OTHER NUMBERS
SIGNIFICANT OTHER NUMBERS
I’d love to find a companion
Whose heart I’d make go pitter patter.
Until I read what women want
And then some numbers are going to matter.
As I read one online profile
I’m sure that for me she’d fall.
But, then I read that she’s five feet two
And wants a man that’s six feet tall.
To use her as an example
Here is a thought to debate or rebuff.
I am four inches taller than her,
So, why is that not enough?
There must be some adaptability.
There’s no formula or calculation
One needs for vertical compatibility
When involved in joyful copulation.
If I met and liked a lady
I’d not hesitate to call her
Just because the reason was
That she’s just simply taller.
To date a woman taller than me
I can imagine the relief she imbues
Being with one without the need
To balance on high heeled shoes.
Additional significant numbers
That figure onto this page
Are the variable considerations
About the differences in age.
There’s an allure to older with younger
Though others may wonder, squawk and gawk.
The biggest challenge to the couple is
That eventually they’ll have to talk.
Be one younger or one older
There’s really no true reference
Perhaps the only factor is that
It speaks to a mutual preference.
To use an acronym of today
Some might want to find a M.I.L.F.
So in the final equation,
I aspire to become a D.I.L.F.
Edward Iacona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SIGNIFICANT OTHER NUMBERS by Edward Iacona )
- Idle mind at rest, hasmukh amathalal
- Against nature, gajanan mishra
- Train, Miles Teegarden
- Inspiration (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Rain In Summer, Neela Nath
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)