Peter S. Quinn
A silence comes within us all,
When we with darkness again fall;
A shadow creeping softly stays,
And show its vision many ways.
Everything my brain still knows,
Step by step into silences goes;
Dreams and feelings down it break’s,
Away my visions all it takes.
When I am alone and streets I walk,
Silences to me softly talk;
About the heart that was here before,
But is now gone for ever more.
A lonesome soul just only knows,
The restless silence that never goes;
Sharp and shining like a razor blade,
A forgotten love song now too late.
That echoed once from heart to heart,
With promises to never depart;
But now lies resting on its own,
Like silences that are still alone.
Peter S. Quinn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silences, Alone by Peter S. Quinn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI