Silent in the clouds
Whispers seem to touch my hand, sounds of all who held my heart echo in
The bright blue.
The loss to bare is simply a cloud blooming it's beautiful grey in my darkest day
Falling from the humble abode I once called home, screeches bleed through
With the regret of leaving it unintended.
Time ticks to the pump of my heart, crashing hands in the glass
Leaves me with my most prolific scar
Where did you go?
Why did you say goodbye?
Every chance I see you in my dreams it just makes me want to die
When I lost you, I lost a tree to grow
A place to call home.
Now I stand at the base of my precipice
Looking back on the road tracked,
A meadow is my heaven, a chance to remember the beautiful blue.
Ray Barnett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silent in the clouds by Ray Barnett )
- I Am playing, gajanan mishra
- Everyday Is a TEST, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- One Of These Pure Days, Naveed Akram
- Deepavali, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Even in strife, hasmukh amathalal
- ! DESECRATED POEMS/FLOATING HYPERLINK IN.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- In the midst of ruin there is reparation, Mark Heathcote
- Psalm XXIII, Henry Ainsworth
- Moral on love., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)