Lawrence S. Pertillar
Silent Is The Afterglow
Silent is the rush that is hushed,
When dew to witness at dawn appears.
And it is clear the satisfaction of it,
Does not disappoint the ones...
Coming to face The Sun when they awaken,
From a bliss to reach and meet perfectly matched.
Silent is the afterglow to show with a doing done,
From a heated love to make let loose to slow its hold.
And silent become the moans of passion released,
Unleashed completely in unquestioned ecstacy!
To be repeated between those who know,
The meaning of being at 'one' with another and fulfilled.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silent Is The Afterglow by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
Sir Walter Scott
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
Poem of the Day
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty
- Trees, Leila Hadi
- No Name Necessary, Leila Hadi
- I Dream of Making Films, Md. Ziaul Haque