' SILLY GIRL
Silly girl with your head in the clouds,
When will your feet touch the ground?
You're childish and living in fantasyland,
You may not be mentally sound;
Your world as you like to express it
Is anything but the mundane,
You'd think at your age you'd be worried
That others might think you're insane!
Since way back when you were a toddler,
Your outlook has been quite unique -
You thought you had magical powers
And sometimes you felt like a freak;
You always wore rose colored glasses
And everything seemed like a dream,
But as you grew older you realized
That everything's not as it seems;
The world isn't wrapped up in ribbons,
And love is not easy to find,
But that doesn't mean you can't fix it
Somewhere in the depths of you mind;
For still there's some magic within you,
With wonders as precious as pearl,
And sometimes it's sweet to get lost in
Your fantasyland, silly girl.
Linda Ori's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' SILLY GIRL by Linda Ori )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis