WHO is Silvia? What is she?
That all our swains commend her?
Holy, fair, and wise is she;
The heaven such grace did lend her,
That she might admired be.
Is she kind as she is fair?
For beauty lives with kindness:
Love doth to her eyes repair,
To help him of his blindness;
And, being help'd, inhabits there.
Then to Silvia let us sing,
That Silvia is excelling;
She excels each mortal thing
Upon the dull earth dwelling:
To her let us garlands bring.
William Shakespeare's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Silvia by William Shakespeare )
Did you read them?
- empty without you, Liss March
- Synchronized Heartbeats, Jamal Brown
- New beginnings, Mary Bone
- If You Took The Time To Care, Ronell Warren Alman
- Let's live in Tokyo, Mark Heathcote
- Second class soul, Liss March
- Yes, I am on this wheel, gajanan mishra
- TWO LOVERS ON A PORCH IN THE MIDWEST, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- See and feel, gajanan mishra
- Am i here by virtue of the shadows, cristobal Benjumea
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)