Is It Poetry
Sing To Me
Start to sing to me.
Like the expanding sky, could I but dream of.
The biggest of stars
if I could but see your brown eyes.
Love me and you and you I would love to sing of.
Long lost the spruce trees,
and your name is but night whispers the wind.
Exhausted my short life found purpose.
Like each hungry child my love only grows.
I love what I do not have.
You are so far away.
Letting go of the sunset, slowly it sinks.
However, at night the moon starts to rise.
The biggest of night time stars,
are when I look into your brown eyes.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sing To Me by Is It Poetry )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Song of Yuletide Night, Sir Toby Moses
- Another Jungle Pool, Denis Martindale
- Buy Me, My Love, Tom Navarro