It was 16 degrees below freezing today.
The sky was blue, bright and vast.
I looked more closely at the sky
And it was suffused by sunlight, the same bright sunlight
That you are bathed in.
There was a corner of the sky that was grey and empty
Where you usually are.
I resolved to look more deeply, more intensely
At this vacant part of the majestic sky.
The deeper I concentrated, the more you emerged
And I found you again, in the sky of my mind
In the tapestry of my feelings and thoughts.
Across wide continents, you are here
And the empty part of the sky dissolves
Into a rich portrait of your days and nights
Where the earth beneath our feet unites.
Frank Bana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sky by Frank Bana )
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY