Gbeti gaius Kafui
Slave of the truth
Now am a slave because of the truth.
The truth on which everybody can trace their root.
Now everybody is against me.
Because i chose to serve you, they plan to meet me boot to boot.
And tooth for a tooth.
Everybody hates me.
I never mind cos i know that is what its gonna be.
At times many forget their source of healing.they forget their source of liberty and they forget their source of laughter.
I know mine and i know its from you.
If i may ask, where do you get yours from?
Let them crucify me.
Let them do as they wish because i chose to serve you.
I know am on the right side.
Am on the side of the known truth kept as secrete by men of stone and iron hearts.
The known secret is love.
Based on it the world was created.
Let love one another.
Gbeti gaius Kafui's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Slave of the truth by Gbeti gaius Kafui )
- बहाना/ Bahaanaa, Aftab Alam
- a dream, jaquesha webb
- I Go Far to Fetch the Truth, with Hope, Aftab Alam
- One a.m., Susan Lacovara
- The War Against Lopping, douglas scotney
- YOU Are First Fiddle in Your Concert, AL.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- ' गुरुगान यशगान ', Rahul Vyas
- Silence, Tshering Chekii
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)