Sleepless nights I do have,
Wishing my Erin was still alive.
Don't want to accept this mortal fact,
Someone I love could be gone like that.
Know one knows the twist of fate,
The stronger my love the stronger my hate.
Who's to hate - the boy she loved -
His car did crash - she's now above.
We must turn from what we see,
Go to God, and let things be.
No time to hate, no time to grieve,
For all is well when we believe.
Belief is nice, faith is stronger-
Understanding Love will take us longer.
As hard as it is and as long as it takes,
We must push through - broken heart aches.
For we know, there's work to be done,
Lets prepair ourselves for all to be - One.
One with God one with Thee,
One in Christ come talk with me.
Bring your blessings bring your praise,
Bring your self, your faith must raise.
Keith Foley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleepless by Keith Foley )
- PH: Nature: Canoeing The Mississippi - P.., Brian Johnston
- Steps Of Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 3, Frank Avon
- Being Enlightened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 2, Frank Avon
- Unanswerable 1, Frank Avon
- As wrong as right, Cee Bea
- Incense On Fire, sallam yassin
- The Canine, Justin Reamer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns