Sleepless nights I do have,
Wishing my Erin was still alive.
Don't want to accept this mortal fact,
Someone I love could be gone like that.
Know one knows the twist of fate,
The stronger my love the stronger my hate.
Who's to hate - the boy she loved -
His car did crash - she's now above.
We must turn from what we see,
Go to God, and let things be.
No time to hate, no time to grieve,
For all is well when we believe.
Belief is nice, faith is stronger-
Understanding Love will take us longer.
As hard as it is and as long as it takes,
We must push through - broken heart aches.
For we know, there's work to be done,
Lets prepair ourselves for all to be - One.
One with God one with Thee,
One in Christ come talk with me.
Bring your blessings bring your praise,
Bring your self, your faith must raise.
Keith Foley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sleepless by Keith Foley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak