Dr. Yogesh Sharma
Slumdogs are a glorified lot.
But by whom?
By heart! No one,
But as a part of dirty game,
Millions, millions and millions.
As a solid beguiling vote bank,
For power hungry leaders,
Easy pray to wolf skinned reformers,
Juicy jaunts to money laundering NGOs,
To inadequately clad social blondes,
Dearest subject to secular, lover of art,
And puppet to the theatre of absurd.
And YOU- poor, sick old ere time,
Disheveled, dirty, abused,
Body ransacked and face with furrows deep,
Decayed to enrich, corrupt comrades.
Begging, robbing, looting,
Hoodwinking and crime,
As loved haunts,
Living in galleries of darkness,
Crying always for bies free.
Past, present and future,
All shroud in crying shadows.
With bleeding consciousness,
Children of lesser gods,
Themselves worship false gods.
Rest is devastating,
Nationals with corrupted nationality,
Jai Ho, Jai Ho, Jai Ho Slumdog.
DR. Yogesh SHARMA
Dr. Yogesh Sharma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (SLUMDOG RICHES by Dr. Yogesh Sharma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Mu jaha karibaku jauchhi (Odia), gajanan mishra
- What I am going to do, gajanan mishra
- It's My Lie, Leria Hawkins
- O, Believe! Yes, Believe!, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- The Best Is Yet To Come, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Hope, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Let the fire, gajanan mishra
- I Hear Her Singing, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- New Déjà Vu, Maharishi Deja Vu
- The Autumn Divine, Chris Schleier, Jr.