Smell of Sandalwood
Good morning Oh beloved God, beloved Supreme father,
Good morning beloved devotee, oh my dear brother.
Good morning oh worshiper, good morning mother sister,
Good morning let us whisper, God's verse let us murmur.
Everywhere smelling sandal wood, sandal paste in head,
Every hand shines with, good flowers and sacred thread.
Every heart fills with emotion, where memories spread,
Every beat shows motion, devotion comes more ahead.
Sandal wood oh dear sandalwood, give lovely fragrant
Timber and oil you give, from God grace you do grant.
Calmness you bring like moon, people feel you and chant,
Coldness comes in mind, it is the glory of you oh plant.
Miracle you do, by your smell, people feel and do slant,
Towards God they move in row, space becomes scant.
In devotion they hand and bend, the devotion they implant,
In a holy row and mind, with love God's name they chant.
People try to wash by your paste, the deadly sin's dread,
Many of them cry to remove poverty and urge for bread.
Gradually they feel the importance in worship they tread,
With belief and hope in right hands they tie bunches thread.
Entire temple's lap smells so nice in smell of sandalwood,
Everywhere blooms fragrant flowers and smell so good.
Everyone gets boon, thrills of minds are well understood,
Early in morning the people feel universal brotherhood.
Pintu Mahakul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Smell of Sandalwood by Pintu Mahakul )
Did you read them?
- SHE - a love poem, Thomas Kay
- Upon Me, Edward Kofi Louis
- Global Pie-in-the-sky, stephen ifill
- Fifty Percent, Tom Higgins
- Yamine, Edward Kofi Louis
- I want eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- One More For The Road., Tom Higgins
- We don't accept anything anytime...., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tread, read!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Against A Stone, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)