Keep your chin-up girl and smile
Just as smiles resign to smile
Because they have no other choice
Saddens is resigned to flooding
Downstream like salt water tears.
But like all salt water tears they evaporate.
Even as they reach the deepest ocean
At its deepest darkest point
All they can do is, evaporate.
Resign themselves one long lingering smile
Light and feathery, once again
And smile in the sun that’s here…
That’s here and now, meant for you to smile.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Smile by Mark Heathcote )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- LOVER'S CRY, Owais Mujtaba
- Parler le silence des autres, Eric Dubois
- A Beautiful Life, Casey Renee Kiser
- Keeping people happy, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- Tristesse, Eric Dubois
- Nous descendons des escaliers fragiles, Eric Dubois
- She loves me the way I am, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- clay pigeon shooters (30 sec ditty), lee fones
- Le silence nappe le jour, Eric Dubois
- Ideal stalwart, hasmukh amathalal