Smiling in my sleep
When I dream, I dream of spaces,
of whimsy orange pink tinged skies;
I dream of old, familiar faces,
love's secrets in their misty eyes.
I dream of sky high talking trees,
of pathways up the mountainsides;
Where water falls and turns to tease,
wildflowers dancing on the waysides.
I dream of chocolate fudge Sundays,
of melted honey, fig ice-creams;
and Grandma's own lemon souffles,
that waft in fragrance in my dreams.
I dream of laughter in the rains,
Joy fills my heart and I am drenched;
Tears are washed, not one remains,
My thirsty soul, at last is quenched.
I dream of reaching beyond seas,
touching lives I'll never know;
Sharing thoughts with perfect ease,
watching friendships slowly grow.
I dream of blankets, soft cocoons,
Wrapped up in love's quietude;
No words are needed, in commune,
Every blessed sense renewed.
I dream of lilting lullabyes,
that soothe and hush my cares astray;
that turn to twist and tantalise,
to lead me to a brand new way.
Some days are hard beyond belief,
Those days I cannot help but weep;
Then nights are such a sweet relief,
to I know I'm smiling in my sleep.
Roann Mendriq's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Smiling in my sleep by Roann Mendriq )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- "Baby talk", Mark Heathcote
- GAZA'S TRIUMPH IS EVERYONE'S, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wondering Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai