Snake Bite Charms, satirical poems
Selfishness and stupidity
tend to be our guides
sarcastic deft acridity
laughing by their side.
Stubbornly ingrained self-meanings
conceived with intestinal blight
garish inscriptions beaming
as we impose audacious rites.
An enigma unto ourselves
predacious, willful as a shark,
persona's forward leaning cleft
snake bite charms that strike the mark.
Mankind's cruel cellular divide
cancers replicating crime
our hearts wretched, open, naked, wide
relentless unforgiving time.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Snake Bite Charms, satirical poems by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra